"Sweepstakes" and "mobile contests" are synonymous terms that describe marketing promotions designed to generate enthusiasm and engagement by providing incentives for consumers who participate in prize drawings that depend on chance.
Marketron's Sweepstakes feature includes the following features and functionality:
- Automated Campaign Flight Dates: when setting up a sweepstakes campaign, you can select the start and end dates/times/timezones for the campaign
- Pre/Post Campaign Messaging: should customers interact with your keyword campaign before or after the flight dates, enter content informing them of the promotion's start and end. This is particularly useful for campaigns that run during a set time period, for example during a television show.
- Already Entered Message: define a custom message that customers receive when they texts in to the sweepstakes more than once
Here's an example message flow for a sweepstakes:
- MO: Customer texts SWEEPS to 67463
- MT: "WXYZ: You are entered to win! See official rules at rules.com. Text STOP to end, HELP for info. Msg&DataRatesMayApply."
*To add the Sweepstakes component to a campaign:
- Select "Sweepstakes" from the component selection menu
- Select a start date and time that the sweepstakes will launch
- Select an end date and time that the sweepstakes will end
- Choose the list to which you'd like to subscribe entrants
- Enter copy for the Pre-Sweeps Message, i.e. the message customers receive when they text in before the start date of the sweepstakes
- Enter copy for the Sweeps Confirmation Message, i.e. the message customers receive when they text in during the sweepstakes
- Enter copy for the Post-Sweeps Message, i.e. the message customers receive when they text in after the end date of the sweepstakes
- Enter copy for the Already Entered Message, i.e. the message customers receive when they text in to a sweepstakes multiple times
*How to pull your winner(s):
- Select the "Campaigns" tab followed by the "Sweepstakes" tab
- Find your campaign and select the trophy icon under "Actions"
- Enter "Winner Group Name" followed by "Number of Winners"
- Click "Select Winners" and the winner's mobile number will appear below! You can then either call them or send them a text to give them the good news!