When customers appear in the Conversation Stream, you may want to tag them with a specific metadata value.
For example, consider the following use cases:
- A customer misspells a keyword while attempting to access a promoted offer. In response, you send that customer the offer directly from the Stream. To ensure that particular person does not receive a duplicate offer in the future, add metadata to distinguish that profile from others.
- A customer sends a message in response to a recent outbound message blast, saying, "I love your store and these great deals. Keep sending texts!" You could send a message to the customer thanking them for the compliment, and then tag that profile with metadata to denote a "Special Customer." Later, for example during the holiday season, you can segment all "Special Customers" and deliver a special offer for being exceptional fans.
To add metadata from the Conversation Stream:
- Hover over the Stream entry to which you want to add metadata
- Select "Options" on the right hand side of the modal window
- Select "Add Metadata" from the drop down menu
- Select the metadata field and enter the desired value
- Click the "Add Metadata for Subscriber" button
*For further information, you may find these articles helpful: