The Ads & Sponsorships feature is a component designed to allow you to easily monetize the platform and drive additional revenue.
Example: Have your local car dealership sponsor your in-house text club to now turn it into a revenue opportunity.
*To use the Ads & Sponsorships feature:
- Click on "Campaigns" followed by "Ads & Sponsorships"
- Click "New Ad" Button:
1. Name Ad (i.e. WXYZ Ford Dealership Ad)
2. Select start & end date
3. Input the advertiser, agency, rate & sales person (All internal information)
4. Input Ad Copy AKA what users will see in the text (i.e. "*Sponsored by Freeway Ford")
5. Click "Save"
Note: In the Ad Copy we insert an Asterix (*) because the Ad does not look any different from the rest of your message in the text. This is a way to separate the ad from the body of the message. When creating an Ad the best practice is to keep it within 39 characters.
- Utilizing Ads & Sponsorships is a great way to monetize the platform, but stay away from an ad/sponsorship that takes up more than half your message (with the exception of a deals club subscription). You don't want your ad/sponsorship to take up more room than the message itself!
Once the Ad/Sponsorship is saved, look for the $ button within any campaign and/or broadcast message to attach:
- Once you have picked which ad/sponsorship you want to attach, click "Add Ad".
Note: if you check the "Apply to all messages in this component" box, the ad will automatically be attached to all messages within the campaign.
- Below is an example of what an ad looks like in an actual text message:
*What about adding a "Sponsorship"?
- When creating a "Sponsorship" you will follow the same setup as when creating an ad. The main difference between an ad and a sponsorship is with sponsorships they will not automatically append and there is no ad copy.
- If you attached a sponsorship to this message: "WXYZ Radio: Thanks for tuning in everyday." **This is how you would see the message.
- Because of this, sponsorships are used more for organizational purposes and to tag/track different sponsorships, here at Marketron, we advise to use the "Ad" feature as a best practice and for simplicity purposes.