An A/B Split allows you to send and track message variations to random groups within a single customer set in order to determine what kind of messaging is most effective.
One common use case: enable A/B splits to send 2 different coupon offers (e.g. Buy 1, Get 1 Free vs. 40% off). 50% of the group receives coupon A while 50% receives coupon B. When customers redeem their coupons, you are able to measure to which coupon variation achieved better results (e.g. more revenue, shoppers or sales on a specific date). Moving forward, you can use the more effective offer for all customers to maximize ROI.
There are 3 different options you can select for A/B Splits:
- SMS Message: Send a 160-character message
- Campaign: Send an already-created campaign (use when you require a response or multiple messages)
- No Message: No message sent (allows you to set aside a group of customers while you determine the best message content)
*To set up an A/B Split:
- Set up your SMS Broadcast message (see: How Do I Send an Outbound SMS Broadcast?)
- Click "Add A/B Split" to add multiple segmentation groups. Be sure to add the total number of segments you'd like to include
- Allocate percentages to each segment. Please note that the total percentages must equal 100%
- Choose which type of content you'd like to send to each segment: Mobile Message, Forward to Campaign or No Message